Saturday, March 28, 2015

Moving her orchaid

Around Pooka's birthday, she got an orchid that was on clearance. It is surviving okay, but it had a bit of a hard time (even with the stick) staying upright. We decided maybe it needed a bit bigger pot since that is usually the problem. Remember, we know nothing of orchids but that hasn't stopped us before.
Orchid ready to be moved
We had to find the orchid potting soil since I knew it was different from regular dirt. Beyond that, I knew nothing. Fortunately, our favorite nursery was open and we went there. They knew exactly what we needed and even opened the unopened greenhouse for us to get an new pot for the orchid. She kept saying "I am so sorry its messy back here" but Pooka was in heaven. I swear she was ready to dig in and help. But, Miss A found a wonderful little pot for Pooka and we headed back home.
New home for the orchid
I will say, I thought the new pot was a bit bigger, but part of me is rather surprised at the lack of extra dirt we needed. All in all, after a few weeks now, it is doing much better in the new pot, and we still water it with an ice cube. It does need to move back to Pooka's desk, but for now, its doing well and its not as floppy. Maybe I should look up care for it, or we can wing it as we always do.

All settled in

3 comments:

  1. also may ask uncle simon as I believe his family used to grow orchids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do that. I never would of thought about Uncle Simon. Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  2. also may ask uncle simon as I believe his family used to grow orchids

    ReplyDelete