Saturday, April 12, 2014

Finding a home for the stars

When we transplanted the rosebush from Great Grandma's house, we took a couple of these little succulents. Now, I have no idea what they are called. I can honestly say I called them "Those little star plants that are everywhere next to Grandma's driveway" most of my life. Well, when Aunt S helped me get the rosebush, she said they were called hens and chicks. Needless to say, I could see Pooka loving them so Aunt S grabbed some

Little star shaped plant
Now, aside from putting one in a pot (that isn't doing so well), I had no idea once we transplanted the rosebush into the ground what to do with them. But I knew that we had this annoying little bed next to the garage that I can't get anything to live in. So we decided to try these and see if maybe, just maybe, it can choke out all the weeds.
A hole where maybe they can take over
Pooka and her friend K spent about 10 minutes one Sunday helping me plant these. They thought they were fun but they didn't need a very deep hole. Hopefully they transplant well there and I can write off that darn bed that does nothing but grow weeds. Plus, I think its definitely cuter than anything else we have tried.
Looks better then it did before

No comments:

Post a Comment