Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Looking ahead

Last night I did something. Something I swore I didn't have time for. Something that makes me wonder what I have gotten myself into.

I ordered garlic online for next year. While our garlic harvest hasn't been great, it is something that Daddy and I use a metric ton of. I swear we always have at least 3 bulbs in our fridge.

Part of this years's harvest
Add to that the fact that we have started making our own garlic powder. Yes we are making garlic powder, and Daddy has decided he really likes the homemade stuff light years better then the store bought stuff.

Homemade garlic powder
So next year, we are going to try a hard neck and a soft neck garlic. One is even purple for Pooka. I am not going to lie and say the garlic is for her. Its for Daddy and I, but she got to pick one, and it was the purple. Now to see what it looks like when it gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment