Sunday, September 8, 2013

That time of year

In some ways, I love this time of year. It is cool in the evenings which makes for great sleeping weather. The garden is producing food and we are canning and drying to prepare for winter. This time of year, I start to feel we are almost done with the garden, and that soon the cold and the snow will be here.
Food getting ready for winter

However, this time of year comes with a double edge. There is so much that needs done. We have sunflower seeds that have been pulled from the plants that need harvested, I have coriander that needs pulled from its plant. We have herbs to dry, canning to be done, hot pepper flakes to be made.
Sunflowers need cut down
The to do list seems overwhelming, and I fully admit I am so overwhelmed I do not know where to start some days. I know I need to start pulling the dead plants. Daddy picked up some more pea seeds that are cold weather tolerant which will be good in the kids lunches. Even aside from all the garden work that needs done, there is garden club starting, baseball, and scouts and all the other kids activities with school going.
Dead plants need removed
There just never seems to be enough hours in the day. It will get done. It always gets done, even if it feels like I a going nuts in the process. Pooka helps quite well for someone her age, but she is only 5 and she has the attention span for some of these things like a 5 year old. I guess it all comes down to getting it together and doing stuff. So if you will excuse me, I need to get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment