Monday, June 10, 2013

Worrying over peppers

We all know I am prone to worrying about those things I cannot fix. Well, since I got the sweet peppers in the ground, I have been worried about them. They are great plants that we love, but they just didn't seem to be doing very well.
can you spot the sweet pepper?
Well, the more I looked at it, and the more I started to worry.  I knew they would eventually produce. I knew eventually we would have peppers, but I was concerned I would be buying peppers for homemade salsa until August. Plus having just spent a dollar a pepper at the store, I was getting fed up.  I talked to Daddy, and I talked again and Friday we were at the nursery getting a couple of sweet pepper plants. While we were there, we picked up a small Spanish lavender plant for the front bed. But that is another post.
Sweet peppers and a lavender
We got the peppers home and Pooka and I went straight outside to plant the peppers. I will admit I didn't pull the flowers off like I should have, but they are in the ground now. I did try to save one of the smaller plants that was still in okay shape, but I don't know for sure if it will live. I moved it over to a different spot. The poor thing will probably not survive the constant transplanting.
Peppers are planted.
Now to wait for peppers to come. Maybe, just maybe I will be able to get peppers out of the yard this month instead of paying around $1 a piece for them. I am looking forward to that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment