Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's not dead yet...

It has rained and rained and rained the last few days. I went out this morning and had to empty some pots that didn't drain as well as I would of hoped. Some had standing water in them and I was trying to drain off as much as I can to prevent the plants from being waterlogged.

I admit, the last few days, I have been in a bit of a funk. The world has been weighing on me since April thru May are some of our busiest times between school, work and kids. As a result, I am only hoping the garden doesn't kill itself while I let Mother Nature do her thing.

But today, I turned around and found a lovely surprise.
Peek a boo, I see you.
Aside from the weed in the pot (you would think I would remember to pull that before taking a picture), do you see anything? To me the plant looks fairly dead
Green, on a dead plant?
Is that a bit of green?
Not so dead after all
MY GOODNESS, IT'S ALIVE... Who knew. I swear I thought it had died over the winter, drown in frozen pots of water.
I really need to trust in Mother Nature more
But nope, here is more signs of life on the plant. Maybe it will live another year. I pulled it into a more sheltered spot on the deck awhile ago to try and dry the pot out some. It hasn't been rained on much, but being in this spot seems to be helping it. I guess I need to get out there and trim it back to figure out what will live off it. I guess spring is finally here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment